joi, 28 ianuarie 2010

Too wild to live. Too beautiful to die


Gia Carangi: Life and death, energy and peace. If I stop today it was still worth it. Even the terrible mistakes that I made and would have unmade if I could. The pains that have burned me and scarred my soul, it was worth it, for having been allowed to walk where I've walked, which was to hell on earth, heaven on earth, back again, into, under, far in between, through it, and above.

Francesco: This is life, not heaven. You don't have to be perfect...

Gia Carangi: You know what I think? I think there's a reason for everything. And I think that there's a plan for everyone. And I think that God has a big plan for me. Just not in this life.

Gia Carangi: Are you nervous? T.J.: Yeah.
Gia Carangi: Am I making you nervous?

T.J.: Yeah.
Gia Carangi: Well, good, that's the idea.

Gia Carangi: I do be da pittiest pittiest girl, I do be dat.

Maurice: She hated to be photographed. You had to run after her and tie her down. And you had to get past all the junk in her hair. But she was special.

T.J.: Have you ever had sex with a man before?
Gia Carangi: Yeah, once.
T.J.: And?
Gia Carangi: And... I could have done tha
t with a German Shepard.

Gia Carangi: Dear book, this is another day in my life. A life is like a book. A book is like a box. A box has six sides. Inside and outside, so, how do you get to what's inside? How do you get what's inside, out? Once upon a time, there lived a very pretty girl, who lived in a beautiful box, and everybody loved her.

Gia Carangi: You were the one, you were the only one, and you were amazing.

Gia Carangi: I could learn photography. That could be something to want. I could photograph children. I could have my own children. I would give them yellow roses. And if they got too loud, I would just put them some place quiet. Put them in the oven. And I would kiss them every day, and tell them you don't have to be anybody, because I would know that being somebody doesn't make you anybody anyway.
Wilhemina Cooper: You will always be so
mebody to me.

Girl at Group Therapy: Wait a minute. What am I supposed to feel? Sorry for you because you made ten thousand a minute doing fuckin' nothing? "Oh it was so hard, so terrible, they treated me so bad." Listen girl, you had a free ride. And you fuckin' blew it. And me? I'm some kid from Ohio, reading fashion magazines, looking at your picture and thinking I'm supposed to look like that. And going fucking crazy because I don't. Because nobody told me it was a lie. Because the magazine doesn't come with a label that says, "Caution: This is a lie. Nobody looks like this." Not even you.

Courtesy of the IMDB


Niciun comentariu: